Friday, March 23, 2012

Onomatopoiea Art

After finding some amazing lesson plans on Pinterest, I decided to try one out. I adapted a PowerPoint presentation about the work of Roy Lichtenstein and students discussed his comic book style and use if speech bubbles in his artwork. We found that onomatopoeia is used in several of his pictures. First, students created a background using only the primary colors: something Lichtenstein also frequently did. Next, students used pages from an old dictionary to create their speech bubble and finally, markers for their word. Last, they assembled the layers.  This was a two class period project and before the second class, I had received my new iPad.  I found an awesome app called Educreations and created a video-like presentation for the students to help them put their projects together.  Here is my first attempt at this:  Onomatopoeia

No comments:

Post a Comment